Online Pressence


Online Presence 
Link to source for picture
Week 14 Blog
Being born with such a unique name has made it very easy to find myself online. I have
Googled my name many times over the years but up until last year most the results were directly
about my life. Now with the fame of the singer Billie Eilish some results of her show up as well.
The first results when Googling “Eilish Armitage” is my Instagram account which is
on private, Facebook post about me from the HPU club swim team,and then many swim
meet results from my years of competitive swimming. From these sites you can find out
more details about my life than I had hoped was not possible. On Facebook it says where I
am from and a profile picture of me. Through the HPU club swim team post it tells
everyone where I go to school, my major, and my extracurricular activities. If you
search further than the first few results you will find a website that has my address and
list of my family members. This truly freaked me out knowing how easily anyone can
find where I live. As the years go on there will be more and more information about me
online as well as everyone else. Our world we live in is online, we fill in all the
information about ourselves for anyone to find. Soon there will be no such thing as
private information. I believe if we keep living our lives on social media it will turn
into living for our social media, which is a lonely path to take. We focus so much on
posting that we are happy and having a good time that we are not actually doing so.
People will be more lonely and depressed than ever if we continue down the path we
are on now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

week 2

Total Information Awareness